Honor Club APP

Marel2_new

Ethan

Lieutenant

19-06-2018 17:30:08

Review of Honor 7X - Carrying forward the legacy of Honor 6X

19-06-2018 17:30:08

Last reply: Ethan 19-06-2018 17:30:08

Honor 7X which was launched in late 2017 is the successor  Honor 6X. The phone has 18.9 screen aspect ratio and full view display. The phone carries the legacy of Honor 6X as it also has Dual Camera setup which is 16+2MP. If we talk about the handset it has:

1. Secondary noise cancellation microphone on the top.

2. Power and Volume buttons on the Right Side.

3. Sim Tray on the Left Side.

4. On the bottom, we have Single Speaker, USB/Charging Port, Main Microphone, and 5.5mm Jack.

The Phone Box contains a Huawei branded Charger (5V and 2amp, not a fast charging charger) and a USB/Charging cable.

Taking about basic specifications of the phone:

• HiSilicon Kirin 659 (Octa Core Processor, COrtex A-53)

• 18:9 IPS LCD Screen

• Dual SIM Nano (Hybrid)

• Dual Rear Camera (16+2MP)

• Front Camera (8MP)

• 4GB RAM

• 3340 mAh Battery. 

• Fingerprint Scanner.

The device was in with Android 7 with EMUI version 5.0 on top. But currently Beta is in progress and we are receiving Android O and EMUI 8, face unlock, ride mode and many more features. I am using this device since Feb 2018 so my review will be on that basis.

Design

The new 18:9 screen aspect ration has given a new look to Honor phones and it is now much handy. Blue color being everyone's favorite gives it as premium look, the metal back is much liked by me and others who saw this phone. Screen and display are also very good, as I said the new aspect ratio gives a new look to the Honor 7X than any other honor device.

Battery

The battery which is present in the device is 3340mAh, although I was expecting a little more with this but 3340 is quite good with this device and lasts for 1 and a half days. Even when I am playing high configuration games, the battery lasts long.

Performance

In terms of performance, the device's figure print sensor is really good and opens up the device really quick. Games run without any lags, but at some point, while playing DC Legends and Asphalt I found some lags. The 4GB RAM works very much fine for me and the RAM management is also very good, even after opening 4-5 apps no lags was faced by me.

Camera

Camera performance has always been good with Honor phones, one of the prime reason why I love Honor phones. Below I have shared some snaps taken from Honor 7X, there is no selfie or front facing shots sorry for that.

You can see here I have taken these photos using different modes from the camera. People were saying low light photography is not that good but I found it impressive. Also my favorite the light painting is also good.

Other Benefits

The phone is soon to get Oreo and EMUI 8, along with that it will also get Face Unlock feature, Ride Mode etc. If you visit the settings you can find Huawei Histen Sound Effects which works when connected to Headset, this gives you to adjust sound, enable 3D sound and other stuff related to music which was not available with its predecessor Honor 6X.

Cons

1. The phone has a metallic back which gives it a premium look but on the other hand when playing high-end games, even though heating is not much but being a metal it heats up enough to irritate you.

2. EIS is missing, it is not just me but many people are complaining about it.

3. Fast charging is not available :(

4. Single speaker. 

That's all from my side, this is one brief and concise review that I hope you all like. Do leave your feedback in comments below. 

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

SUBMIT

Why are you reporting this?

Choose your favorite color to make your thread outstanding.

Total Users

Total Posts

Todays Posts